Future of Echo - project still alive?

Of all the Go frameworks I have found so far I like Echo best. However, I am concerned whether it is worth to do significant work on it given that

• Pull requests are not getting merged
  • There are 109 open tickets
  • Don’t see much participation in this forum
  • Don’t see much participation on the glitter chat channel

Of the 3 above the one I am most concerned about is the lack of pull request merges. If people are volunteering to spend time to submit patches, it seems strange for the requests to just be getting ignored… unless the project is dead… However, I see code getting committed so it doesn’t seem like it is dead.

I really would like for this project to succeed and willing to help in any way I can, but that only matters if the project is alive.

Would really appreciate any feedback on the status of the project.

@francisco Yes it is alive :slight_smile:. Just to support that, Echo v3.3.6 for released this month which closed several PRs and issues. Having said that, maintaining open-source is hard - we all have to come together and help each other. I am always looking for contributors to help me out, in fact I wanted to form a committee to take important decisions, manage releases and decide on the road map.

As I mentioned in my initial post I would be thrilled to help; however I am new to both Go and web development. Just let me know what/how I can help and I will bet here.

There likely are others that are also willing to help. All you need to do is let us know what you need.

I think it is a great idea to have the committee and also perhaps have more than one person who is able to commit.